Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Eewww, Gu!

So I did my run today (since I missed yesterday due to soreness) and it was hard, again!

I later went to the running store to get some accessories. Gu, glide stuff, and a water belt thingy. I told the nice store owner about my situation and he got so excited for me. He told me I am in the most exciting stage of running. Where you are realizing how amazing your body really is and experimenting. He asked me what 1/2 I was doing and I told him Laguna Hills. His response was a little concerning. "Oh, Laguna Hills." I then said, "what does that mean?" He told me to just be ready for hills and don't expect to go at my normail pace because I will probably be much slower than my training pace. That was a little discouraging. So, maybe you guys should all fly to Utah and we can do the Moab. I hear it's a good easy one!
Anyways, he says it's a good idea to mix the gu with a little water so it goes down easier and to drink water before and after you take it. I think I will try it on Saturday!

1 comment:

brooke said...

Ahhh, what does some guy in Utah know?! Ha ha, just kidding but I did ask some girls from my ward about it since they have done it and they said it wasn't too bad.