Saturday, February 9, 2008

Did I just do that?

Did I seriously just run for OVER an hour? And not pass out? And feel GOOD at the end? And feel like, maybe, just maybe I could KEEP GOING!? YES!! I did! Today was GREAT! I have slept at least 6 or 7 hours the past two nights, more than I have since before Christmas. I think it is making a huge difference, I feel SO much better. I think you just can't work your body like this with no sleep. The two weren't meshing. But on a good night's sleep I headed out the door at 7:30 since I wanted to avoid the heat that is expected today. I took the puppy because I figured if it wasn't hot she could handle it. I have to say the first 20 min or so of a run are always the hardest for me. I have a hard time getting INTO it but once I am, I start feeling like I could just keep going (ok, this doesn't always happen but it did today). And I discovered where all the runners were I was always wondering about when I was running at 9 or 10-- they are up early! ha. There were SO many runners out there it was kind of cool actually. It was nice and cold, a little too cool at first but it felt GOOD. So we went out on the trail, we went farther than I had ever gone before, in fact I kind of lost the trail, we ended up at some park and I didn't really know what to do so we turned around and went the other way and then, get this, I RAN up the BIG hill! Yup, that's right! The one I could barely WALK up a few weeks ago! I felt so good, I finished out the route with a little sprint and ended up going over my 60 min mark. And I couldn't believe it, I didn't like CRASH and feel like I wanted to die, I just sort of walked home thinking, wow I think I could have kept going! I felt SO good!

2 comments:

jess said...

AWESOME JOB BROOKE! isn't it just amazing how our bodies just get more and more used to it? so this is what "getting in shape" means. i think every time i've really tried, i've quit before really noticing a difference! way to go!

Carlie said...

Way to go Brooke! I think sleep makes all the difference! Enjoy the heat. We are up to 40 degrees today...Yeah! The snow might start to melt.