Saturday, February 16, 2008

I love it!

Okay, I will tell you about the gu in a minute (if the title didn't already give it away!). So this morning I was planning on getting up at 6 to run (we are headed off to the cabin in a few minutes so I had to do it early). Baby Jess woke me up at 5 and after that I just couldn't sleep. I don't know if I was just nervous about today's run or what but I couldn't get off the toilet! My bowels are really sensitive to my over-active nerves! Okay, too much information. So I finally made it out the door at 6 and wondered if I would be running to the bathroom instead of running on the tradmill. So my run started good. No need for potty breaks. I got to 45 minutes and decided to try the gu. I put mine in about 6 oz of water to dilute it a bit and drank the whole thing at 45 minutes. A minute later I was running for the potty (I sure hope that was a fluke and not common to gu drinkers). I then resumed my place on the treadmill. I felt great. My average pace of 4.7 seemed really slow so for the next 30 minutes I upped it to 5.0. Cool, huh! I have never run at a 5 for more than a few minutes! That gu is awesome (minues the potty break!).I think it gave me super powers!

3 comments:

brooke said...

I think this is actually a common problem with gu, which is why you should experiment with brands, flavors, amounts before race day!

kristen said...

I have the same potty issues - before I run I must go at least twice! Annoying, huh? Don't worry, moms can't hear too much information, we're numb to it all.

jess said...

i'm gonna have to try that stuff!!
and even without it, i thought i was going to poop my pants the last 5 minutes. that would've made for a good story, huh?