Monday, February 18, 2008

Treadmill... ugh.

So I measured my run from Saturday and I went 6 miles. That is about 13 min miles and I was disappointed. I don't know WHY I thought I might have gone faster when I was running mostly up hill but I had some hope that I would have gone faster. Anyway, I decided I needed to start picking up the pace. I am hoping I can shave a little time off of my miles over the next few months. I decided the treadmill will help me to get a pace in my head. So today since hubby had the day off, I went to the gym. Ugh. I hate running on the treadmill. It was hot, I had no wind to dry my sweat so I was DRIPPING, and there weren't even interesting people to look at. Plus our gym treadmill automatically puts you into "cool down" mode at 30 min. So annoying! I didn't want to reset it so I just kept upping the pace when it slowed me down so I could run out the last five minutes. I did 3 miles and kept my pace between 11 and 12 min the whole time. I feel ok about that but I know that the road is harder than the treadmill so I feel like I need to get my treadmill time to be faster than what i want for my road time, but it was a start. Tomorrow we're on our own, its back to the trail with the stroller.

No comments: