Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Detention

So I played hooky yesterday. I had to have my Eli at his 3yr well ck at 8:30, right after I dropped off the other 3 offspring at school. I kept thinking I was going to do it when we got back, after lunch, before dinner...but it kept getting pushed off. Basically I never made it happen. If I don't run first thing, the chances of running drop to like, 2 %. So today I gave myself a severe consequence and I served my time doing hills. Iactually prefer running up hill to running down. Uphill is totally hard, but it seems like you just have to dig in - it just takes more muscle (which I don't have!) but down feels like I may hurt myself and I don't know if I'm leaning too far back or going too slow, it just feels awkward. What do ya'll do? Anyhoo, I also listened to that Oprah book , The New Earth - pretty thought provoking, but for my last five minutes I had to kick over to Xtina and a little "Ain't No Other Man." As Eli would say, "yessssss!" Have a happy day off, think of me tomorrow back in detention doing a makeup day.

1 comment:

brooke said...

Ahhh, hills, you are hard core! I don't like running down steep hills either. I am never sure how fast to go and I am always afraid of falling or something.