Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Night Running

So since it was super hot yesterday and we didn't get out of the door early enough, I knew that I would have to go to the gym. But running on the treadmill did not sound remotely interesting or even like something I thought I could do. So after Aaron got home I decided to run around the neighborhood. I did this once before, our little circle is well lit so it is safe. It was boring and uneventful but not quite as boring as running on the treadmill. But here's the thing... I LOVE running at night! I love it. It is cool, it is dark, no sun shining in my face, no one can see how tight my pants really are, it just feels good. I only wish it were safer. I don't really feel comfortable running around Aliso Viejo in the dark and our jogging trail has no lights so its out for sure. Oh well, I think this will be my last night run for a while, Aaron starts a second job on Saturday so its going to be up to me to make sure I get all my runs done during the day, no more waiting until he gets home. It will be tough but I'm up for the challenge. So last night, puppy and I did 40 min which equaled 7 laps around the neighborhood, I still haven't driven that circle to find out how far it is. And someone please tell me how my dog was MORE hyper after that than before!?

1 comment:

kristen said...

I feel the exact same way about my early morning runs for all of those exact reasons. I also can't do it alone for the same worries! We can't win! :)