Thursday, February 21, 2008

the HILLS


today i decided to hit the hills (pretty much the only option if i start at my house) and i think they hit me back. i did run the entire 40 min without stopping, but i really was running at a snail's pace. (i know i am going to feel this one tomorrow!!) luckily i was up early enough that i was able to leave the little one at home, so at least i wasn't pushing the stroller.
ok, so i just mapped it out on google and i guess i wasn't running as slow as it felt like. 3.3 miles - so, about a 12 min mile. not too bad, it just felt like i could walk faster than i was running.
on to other items of business... what's the verdict with the shirt? should we do it, or no? i think if we do, it can't say anything about moms since not everyone running is a mom (which reminds me, i think we have a few new additions!) so, i was thinking if we do decide to do it, maybe it could say "girls run 13.1" or "run! girl run! 13.1" or something like that. if you want, i will order them and everything, but i will probably have to have you all send me checks or something because we are poor like that. anyhow- let me know what you think. i need an official vote. thanks! have a good rest day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Carlie said...

Way to go Jess! I think the hills scare me the most!

kristen said...

I know I need to start adding some more hills. I think I'm going to wait til we go from minutes to miles. Go you! So about the shirts - I like the new phraseology and having seen many projects produced by you and your creative, talented family I actually totally trust whatever you do as far as design, color, etc. And I don't say that to many people. I still love the idea of identifying this little group that you brought together, and the idea of us all running in or even sleeping in our shirts is very unifying. And of course we'd pay you silly. Now that I've written a novel here, I'll get onto my own post!

brooke said...

Good job! I like the shirt idea, I will wear whatever and pay you, just let me know.