Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm still alive!!

SORRY! I have been a terrible blogger and an even worse runner the past week! We took off to Utah and although I had high hopes (I did pack my running shoes and clothes) it snowed pretty much non stop the ENTIRE time we were there and with hubby at home I had no one to leave the baby with to try to hit the gym. I sort of wrote off the week which I feel a little guilty about but no worries, I'm back in the game and there will be no more slacking on my part!

The puppy was SO happy that baby and I were home after a week of being home alone all day she just about DIED when I got out my running shoes. So we (all 3 of us) hit the trail this morning, more grateful than ever for the warm California sun. Apparently the puppy already forgot how to run along side the stroller in a non-annoying way so our run was a little rough. We were out of our groove and we'll have to work hard this week to find it. I did 55 min of running/walking with quite a bit more walking in there than usual, but like I said, we'll find our groove again soon!

On an exciting note, guess what I am sitting here wearing as we speak? Jeans that are NOT maternity! I know, I know my baby is almost 4 months old and these are bigger jeans I bought when I was first pregnant but the point is, they button, I can sit down in them and I am feeling pretty happy about that! Something weird happened last week and I lost 7 pounds (I guess being at the mercy of other people for food?) which I know isn't good while nursing but that puts me at a grand total of 13 pounds since beginning this running adventure. I am hoping to get down another 15-20 before the half. I guess we'll see!

So sorry Mique about the toe, I had an injury when I first started running a few years ago and was really surprised at how fast I got back into things once I was able to run again. So no Jessica, you will not be doing this alone!!

3 comments:

jess said...

yeah!!! glad you had fun and made it back home! and 13 lbs??? what the???what's my problem? i think i've lost 4. i guess it's better than nothing!

Carlie said...

Way to go Brooke! That's awesome! I think it's fine to lose weight while you're nursing, as long as you're makin' milk, what's the problem, right?

I'm so glad you came to Utah first-hand and saw all our snow. This year has been crazy...nothing like our college years.

brooke said...

I read its only ok to lose about 2 lbs a week since if your body burns too much fat it can release something bad in your milk. But I think the 7 lbs was a fluke so we won't worry about it and just be glad the jeans fit!

And yes, the snow is CRAZY!