Saturday, February 23, 2008

Easy Breezy Beautiful

OK, I know I'm probably cursing myself here, but that is how I feel about today's run. It felt great the whole time - I loved it. The hardest part was when I stopped and walked about five minutes home, my knees started hurting then, but I had no problems during the run today - yay! No tightened up calf or shin problems or numb feet. I stopped when I hit the 110 minute mark, but I felt like I could have kept going and going. I ate a banana and two pieces of toast with peanut butter and 2 big glasses of Gatorade about 45 minutes before I left this morning. I really think, again, hydration is key. I had 1/2 pkg beans (lemon lime, actually pretty yum) about half way through and the rest about 20 minutes after that. I stopped and went potty once and refilled my water twice, pausing my watch. The weather was beautiful and I even had a spiritual moment when the blue skies shone before me...ok, I'll stop now, but it really was nice. Google earth says I ran 8 miles - go me! And I guess my yucky shorter runs this week were effective cause I improved from my horrible pace last week, this week I was at about 13.75 (better than 15!)

Four songs that I loved today:
1) We've Got More Bounce in California (than all ya'll combined!) from the Laguna Beach soundtrack - I know, I'm a wannabe tweenager
2) Come Thou Fount - Jordan Bluth (this was when I had my spiritual aha moment)
3) Defying Gravity, from Wicked
4) Dreams - Van Halen - who is not inspired by this 80's classic?

I took a picture of myself past week but I can't figure out how to shink it to post it? Mique will help me, won't you Miq? Anyhow, thankful for a good run, now I gotta get my stinky self into the shower :)

1 comment:

jess said...

wow.... 110!! you are out of control girl!!
i am sooo impressed. and i have yet to have a "spiritual experience" - but i guess listening to eminem and snoop doesn't help. way to go!